Some facts reflecting the high quality of the British education:
- 4 of the top 6 universities in the world are in Great Britain (World Rankings, QS).
- Great Britain is a world-leading research nation (International Comparative Performance of the UK Research Base, BIS). 54% of the research conducted by British universities is classed as being either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ (Research Assessment Exercise).
- 97% of education colleges are considered satisfactory or better (Association of Colleges).
- In the Tracking International Graduate Outcomes survey, over 88% of international graduates expressed their satisfaction with the British learning experience.
- In the Higher Education Academy Postgraduate Taught Experience survey of British postgraduate students, 93% rated highly the quality of the teaching and research offered.
Attending an English language course will enable you to profit enormously from teaching styles based on innovative techniques developed in Britain. The main emphasis is on learning English through having fun, engaging in communication and participation. Your classes will involve games, problem-solving and profound discussions, as well as listening to songs, watching films and reading articles – all this in order to practise your comprehension skills. In fact, it might not feel like work but more like a joyful experience!
British independent boarding schools offer young people excellent teaching standards, facilities and support. At British independent schools there are relatively few pupils to every one teacher, so tutors have more time and capacity to give their students all the individual support they need. It is due to this high-quality educational standard that 91% of students from British independent schools go on to study at university. (Independent Schools Council Census 2012).